Recognising Root Details In
Some Chinese Travel Agencies Resume Package Tours to Korea Some Chinese travel agencies have started selling cheap package tours to Korea again. The Chinese government in March imposed an unofficial boycott on Korean goods and services, including so-called "zero-dollar" tours that were a significant cash cow for low-end tourist businesses here. Their resumption offers hope that the matter can be resolved as the two countries work towards easing tensions sparked by the deployment of a Terminal High-Altitude Area Defense battery from the U.S. in southwestern Korea. But big travel agencies in Beijing and Shanghai still offer no package tours to Korea. Chinese tourists wait outside a duty-free shop in Seoul in March last year. According to industry watchers, one travel agency in an eastern coastal city in China began selling group tour packages to Korea on Tuesday. They are ferry rather than plane trips and cost between 1,480 to 2,480 yuan (W250,000 to W420,000) per person (US$1=W1,127). The agency is selling the package tour on its website, but it is difficult to search for the agency on the web, so they only appeal to customers in the know.
For the original version including any supplementary images or video, visit http://english.chosun.com/site/data/html_dir/2017/10/27/2017102701226.html
Useful Ideas To Consider On Picking Out Primary Factors In
As recently as October 2016, Lupine Travel stated on its website that “North Korea is considered one of the safest tourist destinations in the world,” but warned that “constant disrespect and criticism is likely to lead to deportation or in extreme circumstances, jail.” This disclaimer has since changed: It’s dropped the language on being one of the “safest” spots in the world to visit and now advises Americans to “exercise additional caution while in the country.” It also notifies customers that they will attend “a mandatory safety briefing prior to the tour that will discuss the ‘do’s’ and ‘don’ts’ of North Korea.” Founder and director of Lupine Travel Dylan Harris said in an emailed statement to Vox that the company has always had these briefings but plans to expand them in light of what happened to Warmbier. “One of the major issues we bring up in the pre-trip briefings is to stay away from the restricted floor in the Yanggakdo hotel,” Harris said, referring to the floor where Warmbier was supposedly caught by North Korean authorities trying to steal a propaganda poster. At least 16 US citizens have been detained in North Korea in the past 10 years, and three have yet to be released. Warmbier is also not the first nor the only American to have been injured during captivity. But many Americans head there anyway. Simon Cockerell, general manager of Koryo Tours, estimates that some 20 percent of the 4,000 to 5,000 Western tourists who venture to North Korea every year are Americans, according to the New York Times . That could change in the wake of Warmbier’s death. Will Warmbier’s death spark a shift in the Trump administration’s North Korean policy? All of this comes amid great uncertainty in US-North Korea relations Warmbier’s death — and a potential US travel ban — comes at a particularly troubling time in US-North Korean relations.
For the original version including any supplementary images or video, visit https://www.vox.com/world/2017/6/20/15836402/otto-warmbier-north-korea-travel-banทัวร์เกาหลี